The Grignon Hotel
Sketch by Cassidy Mulvey, 2015
The Grignon Hotel was built by Butte des Morts founder Augustin Grignon in the late 1840s and served as a hotel in the mid 1800s.
In 1859 it was purchased by Peter Peterson and was also used as a general store, post office and general gathering place. In 1901 it was purchased by John Boe, who operated it as a general store. In the 1950s it was used as an antique store. At one point it was owned by the Winnebago County Historical & Archeological Society.
© Permission given to the Butte des Morts Historical Preservation Society by the Artist.